Bass Pro Coming To Little Rock

J-Doc

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas/Bass-Pro-announces-plans-for-Little-Rock-store/-/8897494/15121956/-/5a83wxz/-/index.html

Some of you won't be impressed but with all the chatter about the local Cabelas, I thought I would mention this. I didn't realize there isn't one in Arkansas. Kind of strange really when you think about it. Branson and Springfield are so close together yet Arkansas does not have one yet.

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

I think it is based on population, seems the smallest section of BPS is the fishing department more clothing than anything else. Guess that is the reason Las Vegas has had one for years and Arkansas hasn't had one.

I wonder if that is one that was rumored to be coming to NWA?

I think it is based on population, seems the smallest section of BPS is the fishing department more clothing than anything else. Guess that is the reason Las Vegas has had one for years and Arkansas hasn't had one.

I wonder if that is one that was rumored to be coming to NWA?

dollars per square foot the fishing section is 10x more than the clothing. clothing takes up ridiculous space compared to tackle.

everything in this post is purely opinion and is said to annoy you.

Im about to move down to that part of the state so I am pretty pumped. All we had before was Academy, which isn't bad but BP has better selection. There is also only one fly shop in Little Rock (and its not my favorite) so I welcome BP.

Don't forget Gander Mountain, great sales and probably just as big a fishing department as BPS but not sure about the fly selection there.

• Members

The Gander Mountain fishing department isn't too bad (it's slightly better than Academy, and miles ahead of Dicks), but like most box stores in the Arkansas river valley, there isn't much of a selection for stream fishing, fly included. I was most impressed with the wall of fishing line. You can actually get quality line in smaller gauges, which is not the case from what Ive seen at Academy.

As for BPS coming to town, I really don't care. Its a tourist trap and real fisherman usually know where to find the right tackle much cheaper online.