Feathers and Fins

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Launch at the Back ramp at Rocky Branch and fish in that back cove its a mudflat and the shad ( 1'' to 1.5'' ) have been there. If nothing is biting after an hour you can slow troll 1mph to 1.5mph the west bank working the points in 15fow to 25fow till you get to the last point on the west side then troll back down toward the ramp over the old road bed. You should pick up some whites, hybrids, walleye or stripers.

I would get there around 8am. Start out with Topwater if the fish are crashing baits if not use Keitechs with 1.4oz heads in white and work them at mid-depth down to the bottom. If that doesnt produce within an hour switch to trolling with Flickershad 100 to 150 ft behind the boat or Rapalas SR 7 8 9'S in fire tiger, shad color or purple. 10lbs test line max. If you use flicker shad use 11ft diver same colors as the rapalas but also add the sunset color to them.

If you do get into a surface bite turn off the fish finder or you could put the fish down.

is anyone still using a hellbender with a jig tied to it?

wc: The Cabela's knock off of the reef runner works as well, if not better, than the original. With the price difference, I call it a best buy.

A walleye selection is not complete without Reef Runners.......I spent two weeks in MN and it was very nice to step in a outdoor store where the fishing department was pretty much walleye only.

I lived in MN for 35 years. Walleye is king up there, no doubt. As a dedicated non-walleye guy, I had to mail order most of my tackle!

John B

08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha

Jeb, there are walleye in in the shallows chasing minnows but they sure wouldnt hit anything I was throwing, It drove me nuts I could see them but they wouldnt even hit the flies on 2lb floro.

Jeb, there are walleye in in the shallows chasing minnows but they sure wouldnt hit anything I was throwing, It drove me nuts I could see them but they wouldnt even hit the flies on 2lb floro.

Were you throwing a clouser? Btw I would really like to pick your brain for a couple of hours, if you ever get some free time. I know diddly about beaver and it seems Like you do.