Some New Plastics - Suggestions Welcome

Pepe

I haven't been able to get out fishing for a few weeks, but have been busy in the shop. I am happy with how these plastics run in the test tank but they haven't been "fish tested" yet. All suggestions welcome.

1.) 3.8" Paddle Tail Swimbait in Smokey Pearl/Pepper. I made this one with a deep hook slot but left enough thickness on the back so it can be fished on an open hook jig. Much softer plastic than commercial baits gives it really good action.

2.) 3.4" Blunt-Nose Ringed Paddle Tail Swimbait in GP Pepper with purple & copper flake. This fits nicely on a larger worm-nose jig (like the big brother of the Ned jig shown below it) or a bullet head jig. I am modifying my Worm Nose and Bullet jig molds to accept wire weed-guards. This Swimbait has a very thin tail that rocks with the slightest movement.

3.) It doesn't show real well in the picture but this is a 2 color, blue-shad, laminate 3" grub. I'm still working on the 4" mold.

4.) 3.5" Paddle Tail Swimbait for use on an open jig, maybe an A rig. This one is just one of my play colors while working on a bleeder. Like the others, soft with good action.

5.) 4.5" Giant Tick. I've been making this for a while but just figured out how to inject different color claws and tentacles. This has been a good flipping bait but is too big for a jig trailer IMO

post-15289-0-09365200-1381094387.jpg

post-15289-0-59334500-1381095736.jpg

Great looking stuff! love the color of the shad!

What brand of plastisol do you prefer?

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

I am using several of them, depending on what color I am making or how hot I need to make it. Some bubble at high temp and others have an amber color that doesn't play well with light colors. MF, Calhoun & CC mostly but I use a custom made softener on all of it.

I've been using CC and like it well. They also have a heat diffuser that helps for your amber color problems. I'm interested in your softener.

Suggestion: Fish them in something other than a tank. Like a a stream. Or a river. Or a lake. Get results. Repeat. Often.

Your plastic looks great. Just like everyone else's.

Instead of molds and colors and processes, find out if your creations catch fish. That's what you made them for?

Right?

Suggestion: Fish them in something other than a tank. Like a a stream. Or a river. Or a lake. Get results. Repeat. Often.

Instead of molds and colors and processes, find out if your creations catch fish. That's what you made them for?

Right?

Sound advice from captain obvious...

Mike, I like that minnow above the tick as a buzzbait and spinnerbait trailer. I really liked that charcoal color you did for me, it produced very well.

I love grubs, so I'm sure that one would do well. Have you ever seen a bait called the mega miki- that produced very well for me this summer. It's a large worm with a cupped tail.

I haven't always typed my best stuff after drinking - I guess that happens to others as well. I am really looking forward to getting out as soon as the last surgery is complete and I am getting around again.

"Have you ever seen a bait called the mega miki- "

Those really look cool. Let me know if you want to try some of the new stuff. Would welcome the feedback.

Right?

Joe, I'm sure some poor slob went through the "molds and colors and processes" to create your favorite bait, the Zoom Super Fluke. :)

If you would like to assist me in evaluating any of these, drop me a PM with your mailing address and I will send some. I would just ask that you only request what you plan to fish with fairly soon. I would also request that you provide feedback.