Larry's

skilch

Wayne, when I tell people about those two campgrounds , And the old store and the ice machine in the main parking lot they look at me kinda puzzled. Good times for sure. Plus the little ice cream shop headed up the hill on the left .

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have fired everyone involved with tearing the old store down. They didn't need the space and it would have been a great place for a museum featuring the park and the history of Missouri trout fishing. It was after all a historic building. I'm surprised the bathroom and the lodge are still standing.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

Noluck i wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't pushed to have it replaced.

Larry's has new web site it appears.

http://www.bennettspring.com/

I contacted them and got the following reply.

May be a few changes but Larry's store will be open. Thanks. Kelly

I certainly hope they stay. We had problems with some product and Kelley was willing to drive to meet a rep to get the items replaced after hours. Hard to find that type of customer care and service these days.

"Pretty soon we may not have any rights left because it might infringe on someone's rights"

I will never forgive the state for tearing down the old Springview store. Inexcusable!

They tore down a lot of things. Besides the store they tore down all the houses up behind it, Henry's resort cabins, Vogels, A lot of the houses in the second tier on the upper road out. I'm sure they would like to buy the old church and tear it down.

I'd like to see them stop rearranging the landscape down there and start concentrating on raising fish. That's one heck of a hatchery operation they have there for a 1 mile stretch of spring creek.

I can't fathom a good enough excuse for "so-so" fishing at Bennett Spring. The fishing should be excellent mores than not, and those businesses around there should be flourishing!

What is reason for the lack of awesomeness down there?