Flicker Shad

Phil Lilley

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal favs....black/silver, black/gold, firetiger, blue tiger, pearl white. I have some purple tiger, and some uncle rico that look awesome but have yet to use them. Also....there is one with a white belly and chartreuse/green back. I forget the name but its good too. Blue tiger seems to work exceptionally well for me on stockton for some reason.

My personal favs....black/silver, black/gold, firetiger, blue tiger, pearl white. I have some purple tiger, and some uncle rico that look awesome but have yet to use them.

I don't own or have ever used a flicker shad, but if they have one called Uncle Rico I want it!.

Plus it actually is a good looking color.

berkpic1277451.jpg

FLicker shads flat catch fish....they help people who are "fish catching challenged" such as me. Last year on stockton we had a day where our first 6 fish were 6 different species, im pretty sure it was a 7cm blue tiger. Ive never used the uncle rico color...had to pick up a few though, they do look good.

solid white, blue tiger, fire tiger

Pearl White size 5 6 7

Black Silver size 6 7

Blue Tiger size 5 6 7

There is custom colors but not sure how to get them for you, Avocado is deadly as is Bloody White

Size 5 and 6 are crappie killers, size 7 will be the end to walleye.

Pearl White size 5 6 7

Black Silver size 6 7

Blue Tiger size 5 6 7

There is custom colors but not sure how to get them for you, Avocado is deadly as is Bloody White

Size 5 and 6 are crappie killers, size 7 will be the end to walleye.

Second this from personal experience. I've also seen these work in his boat so I know the colors he's stating works. I Peal White (gray back, white side/belly) are the best go-to's) for cleaer water and above 20ft. Some days the bloody white will work better and some days anything sexy shad will work better. Just have to experiment. I've gotten to where I'm trolling one color on one side and another color on the other and letting fish tell me which one they want more. Then I'll tie on a pair and whack em!

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

• Root Admin

I mentioned to Duane the other day- is this a new fade... the old fade for paying $25 for a bait. Now it's the cheaper baits?

These costs me $2.75 wholesale!

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

You shouldn't have mention that. Scott will be visiting you very soon now. Lol

I still pay $4 a bait retail. I'm jealous!!!

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

Phil, you know from what I have written in the past, I believe in finding inexpensive baits that work. However, I must admit I often change out hooks, tie feathers, and dab paint to personalize some baits. Berkley, Storm, and Norman all are winners on the cost of baits versus fish caught scale.