What's Cooking?

ness

26 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Guess this will work. But really doesn't count unless you find the mushroom and catch the fish ! :) ,

BilletHead

Aww, pshaw! This thread is about cooking. Most of us get our food at the grocery store. Continued disparaging comments like this will be .....

...well, I dunno. 

I’m withholding likes and dangs until further notice 😄

John

...and, yeah, I remember the swai/tilapia comment, bud. 😄

John

1 minute ago, ness said:

Aww, pshaw! This thread is about cooking. Most of us get our food at the grocery store. Continued disparaging comments like this will be .....

...well, I dunno. 

I’m withholding likes and dangs until further notice 😄

Well there city boy,

You don't know what is good do ya? :) . When the big one hits you can grab all the little Nesslings plus the Girlfriend and migrate to BilletHeadVille to survive in style. You might learn a thing or two!

1 minute ago, ness said:

...and, yeah, I remember the swai/tilapia comment, bud. 😄

I know you are holding on to that for fodder someday. I offered to gift you some REAL fish, NATIVE fish. So I will hang on to some for a visit to NessVegas. Pshaw back at you brother,

BilletHead

P.S. Folly should pick the sweet corn too. Even if he has to slip into the neighbors patch 😝

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Albondigas Al Chipotle,

Meat harvested here in BilletHeadVille. Mexican oregano from the BilletHead garden. Eggs in the meatball mix bartered for in the immediate vicinity.   All the rest of the ingredients were foraged at the local Wal-Mart so part of this meal counted.  Just for John Ness we sided with peas how about that. Keep your Dang Dangit  :) ,

thumbnail_0722181625a.jpg

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

53 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Guess this will work. But really doesn't count unless you find the mushroom and catch the fish ! :) ,

BilletHead

If you saw a monkfish you would throw it back. Uglier than a flathead and sculpin cross.

monkfish-768x576.jpg

3 minutes ago, rps said:

If you saw a monkfish you would throw it back. Uglier than a flathead and sculpin cross.

monkfish-768x576.jpg

Nice!

Hey I have eaten some ugly things and would try this. Flathead is good and I still wonder what sculpin tastes like. Wonder if Folly has caught one for his life list? ,

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

1 hour ago, BilletHead said:

BilletHead

Haven't found any good mushroom hunting spots. I've found these mushrooms in Missouri. So at least I know what to look for. Monkfish may be a bit harder to come by😌.

24 minutes ago, rps said:

monkfish-768x576.jpg

Thats a fish worth catching! darn tasty as well. Called the poor man's lobster.

Ness can keep his Dangs I would like to get some more!

The way my boat trips have gone I may not catch a marine sculpin big enough to eat. Though it's still on the "to do" list😁

6 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

The way my boat trips have gone I may not catch a marine sculpin big enough to eat. Though it's still on the "to do" list😁

I may have to keep my Dangs and likes to myself , all of you stingy people 🤣. Hang in there Folly your luck will change!,

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

12 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

I'm referring to more of this fish. I've never made it before but it was good to say the least!