Truman Trip for Bass

MrBojangles

• Members

I've got a vacation scheduled and will be fishing Truman next week with my old man (he's 73 and loves bass fishing). It's our first time on the lake and I'd like to see if anyone has fished it this week, and where some of the good spots might be. I've checked some local fishing reports and rogues/spinnerbaits are about the only thing I'm seeing.

TIA

I'm not a Truman guru at all. When I have been there I've enjoyed fishing the long shoal area the best. Plenty to fish in that stretch. You aren't to far from the river or deeper water either.

• Members

I'd recommend concentrating your efforts in the backends of coves and creek arms, unless you just enjoy fighting the windy mainlake stuff.

Yah, I'd prefer to avoid getting beat up by the wind. We'll be coming out of Osage, hopefully there aren't any tournaments going on. Any particular baits you'd recommend? I've been reading some fishing reports and have seen spinnerbaits and rogues.

I'm all about pitching jigs, lizards, and big tubes this time of the year, but that's just me.

Square bill cranks would be my choice for covering water faster. Lots of baits can/will get bit so just stick with what you feel the most comfortable with.

My boat would be in less than 8ft. at all times from now until mid-June at least.

I'm all about pitching jigs, lizards, and big tubes this time of the year, but that's just me.

Square bill cranks would be my choice for covering water faster. Lots of baits can/will get bit so just stick with what you feel the most comfortable with.

My boat would be in less than 8ft. at all times from now until mid-June at least.

I would have to agree on the Square bill cranks but wouldn't be afraid to try a Spinner. They should be shallow.

oneshot