Buffalo River - Rush to White River (lots of pics)

TroutRinger

Floated Saturday to Monday from Rush to Riley Station on the White River. Definitely the most beautiful stretch of river I have seen. There was a picture worthy bluff or mountain rising around virtually every corner. The fishing was a bit hit or miss. My friend and I each landed a 15" smallie as our largest. I caught a few in the 13-14ish" range and lost a couple other 15". It always amazes me the difference between a 13-14" and 15" smallmouth. It is like a completely different animal. Day two we kept 6 rock bass and blue gill for one of the most satisfying fish fries in memory.

I saw more 18-20" bass than I can remember seeing elsewhere, but they were usually under the boat or on a bed, and I did not want to harass them. The last four miles on day three was in the rain but by far the best fishing. We completed that stretch in about 2 to 2.5 hours and probably caught 25-30 fish between the two of us. 

It was excellent, bucket list trip. 

I made the link to my Facebook album public so hopefully this works (let me know if not): Buffalo River May 2018

"Of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy."

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."

On 5/29/2018 at 10:23 AM, Smalls21 said:

love the Buffalo! something almost magical about it!

It is a pretty amazing place. Would love to go back during the week and probably have the place to ourselves. 

Not to say that it was crowded as we only saw 5 other groups in three days. 

"Of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy."

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."