Any Good Pheasant Recipes

Seth

I went on a pheasant shoot today and brought back 12 pheasants worth of breast meat. Anybody got anything super tasty besides the typical season, batter and fry?

Here’s one we like:

Ingredients
2 boneless/skinless pheasant breasts cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 teaspoons oil
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups chicken stock
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, diced
1 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
pinch cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Salt and pepper

Directions
1. In an oven-safe skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil to smoking point and quickly brown pheasant pieces on all sides, in batches, and set aside.
2. Remove skillet from heat and add flour and remaining oil to make a roux. Return to heat, add white wine and scrape brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Add chicken stock, garlic, onion, sage, marjoram, cayenne pepper and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and thicken slightly. Add back pheasant, cover and place in a 400 degree oven for one hour.

John

I fried up a few breasts today for lunch. Boy were they good! Cut them up in to bite sized pieces, dredged in flour, egg wash and Italian bread crumbs and then deep fried for two minutes at 350 degrees. Not sure if it's because I cut them in smaller pieces or what, but they seemed extra juicy and much better than the fried wild turkey that I've made the past few times. I'm going to fry the rest up next weekend for us when we are down at Taneycomo for Lilleys' Elfrink trout tournament.