Lower end report 4/5/20

Hit the lower river his morning.  It was brisk and overcast.  Hadn't been down there since last year.  Water was stained as usual.  Few bank fisherman and a couple boats went by.  I covered around 7-8 miles hitting all the creeks looking for whites and hybrids.  No hybrids and only saw one struggling shad.  Caught a bunch of small whites and spots.  Plus a meany I think.  Ramp was a muddy mess.     Oh yeah found a canoe if anyone is missing it. 

A0C31C7E-5123-4E41-A99F-EB1CB20D0048.jpeg

63F0ECF1-9141-400D-81A9-59B22DA21369.jpeg

78CD0533-3670-4C52-AEB8-1C30B09DACC6.jpeg

490175C0-FF1C-4AB8-8F30-B0F6C585C091.jpeg

• Members

Thanks for the report.  I live in that area (Arnold area).  No boat.  Always wondering if there is anywhere that it would be worth my while to bank fish.  Long long ago I tried bank fishing but seemed to recall some frustration in trying to find anywhere good to go.  On the other hand, long long ago when my dad still had a boat, I can remember hitting the white bass run in that area and catching them by the bucketful.

1 minute ago, plawren53202 said:

Thanks for the report.  I live in that area (Arnold area).  No boat.  Always wondering if there is anywhere that it would be worth my while to bank fish.  Long long ago I tried bank fishing but seemed to recall some frustration in trying to find anywhere good to go.  On the other hand, long long ago when my dad still had a boat, I can remember hitting the white bass run in that area and catching them by the bucketful.

Most banks are mud/muck.  Including the boat ramp yesterday.  

Fished down there a couple times last week and had the same experience, including the muddy ramp and lot.  Lots of little bass and whites.  Planning on hitting the water tomorrow and debating whether to poke around down there again or hit something a little further up and focus on bass.  What were the water temps yesterday?

5 minutes ago, semble said:

Fished down there a couple times last week and had the same experience, including the muddy ramp and lot.  Lots of little bass and whites.  Planning on hitting the water tomorrow and debating whether to poke around down there again or hit something a little further up and focus on bass.  What were the water temps yesterday?

Don't know.  Warmer than the air that was 43 at takeoff.  I don't have any electronics.  EXCEPT SPOT LOCK BAbY!!!!