Recent Twain fishing trips

AAD

• Members

Over the last few weeks been fishing for bass on Twain. Really the first times I have been to the lake mainly looking for bass, other times have been for crappie. 

Had a 3 day weekend late August (28/29/30) and had some luck. While didn't get any bass over 15 inches, was able to catch a few. We targeted bluff walls with timber, main lake points, and some islands/humps.

Seemed to have the best luck with orange stick worm or orange/green pumpkin Ned rig. Also caught some bass on a sexy shad 6XD.

Ned proved itself as an all species lure as I caught LM bass, crappie, and a channel cat on it. The 6XD also found a hungry flathead.

My brother in law was using a shad crankbait and caught a real nice walleye. Pic below

Went Sunday the 13th and it was tough going. Never boated a fish. Lake traffic was down, only saw one jet ski. Water temps in low 70's and the lake seemed low but I guess is near the "normal pool" for summer time.

Zero topwater action. Saw several giant balls of shad, but no activity around them. Also have not seen any white bass blowups.

Will continue to post after future trips. 

Safe fishing!!

walleye.jpg