Turkey hunter shoots hiker

Quillback

7 hours ago, tjm said:

I think it a good idea for anyone using a hunting area to wear some orange, a light weight vest or cap could save someone from jail time for  shooting another someone. When I work on my own property during the major deer seasons I've always worn orange, it's surprising how many fences people can climb over or crawl under and not realize they are on private land. 

I've always wondered that they require/advise the shooters to wear orange in hunting situations so that they won't get shot, but never mention that treehuggers, bird watchers, hikers, hunter-harassers, farm workers and others using the same areas in the same times should also try not to get shot by dressing in HiVis clothing. It's almost like a conspiracy theory to get half-fast hunters to shoot enough non-hunters that hunting will be banned. 

We have always wore blaze orange on the farm during firearms season while on equipment or working on the farm.

Did I ever mention the idiot trespasser a few years back set up behind a deer decoy in the middle of our field wearing full camo on opening day?  I had a good shot on him, but he saw me bearing down on him and waved his arms.  I was only using the scope to glass the field, but he never knew any better.   So many violations there if I would have pressed it, felon in possession of firearm, trespassing, no blaze orange, and probably no license.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

30 minutes ago, oneshot said:

That is why I got onX my GPS would only show State Lands not Federal.

oneshot

Electronics are not always spot on.  Can't rely on that either.  But they are getting better.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson