Front Page Ozark times

Fish24/7

Moving the Theodosia Park?

Interesting article in the paper.🤣

IMG_20210514_122245467~2.jpg

spending money on the "old park" if they are wanting to move it? They put new blacktop, all that new sand and concrete for the swim area, chunk rock along the roads, saw a guy working on the  electric for several days last month, new roofs on the campsite picnic table areas after every flood, youd think a few screws would keep those roof pieces in place so they don't come off 🙄 .  

I'm not in the corps park business so I don't know.  I liked John Turner's and Nance's comments about the spending

Remember when they moved the old rock bathrooms in the park, and they still get flooded 😂 

Whatever they decide I'm sure it will be a nice park if/when finished.  I find humor in a lot of things , especially when the coe are involved.

🤣

It was pretty well wiped out last year when I went thru.  Was planning on a camping trip there and the whole place was under water.  There were a few hilltop spots that looked like permanent RV campers.

First time there and the website did not even mention the damage from the flood, along with alot of other Corps sites.  We ended up at the State Park at Bull Shoals only to find the ramp closed for the Bass Pro Weekend.

Corps really jack things up when it comes to access and camping.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

— Hunter S. Thompson

• Members

For the last few years the Little Rock USACE  has been spending money maintaining parks so they can flood them all summer, it’s a real money maker for them 

I love to camp and fish on Bull but again this year my reservations at Lead Hill were cancelled by the Corp because of water level, so if they want to provide a camping experience and run the lake at 680 all summer they should move all their parks and Ramps to higher ground or get out of that business 

15 hours ago, jdmidwest said:

It was pretty well wiped out last year when I went thru.  Was planning on a camping trip there and the whole place was under water.  There were a few hilltop spots that looked like permanent RV campers.

First time there and the website did not even mention the damage from the flood, along with alot of other Corps sites.  We ended up at the State Park at Bull Shoals only to find the ramp closed for the Bass Pro Weekend.

Corps really jack things up when it comes to access and camping.

I get it it's frustrating.

I'm totally against a new park. The less development around the lake the better.  I understand people like to camp , but there's already a park in Theodosia. It's not always nature's fault the water stays really high for extended periods either. There were times they could do something about it and didn't. 

2 hours ago, JQL said:

For the last few years the Little Rock USACE  has been spending money maintaining parks so they can flood them all summer, it’s a real money maker for them 

I love to camp and fish on Bull but again this year my reservations at Lead Hill were cancelled by the Corp because of water level, so if they want to provide a camping experience and run the lake at 680 all summer they should move all their parks and Ramps to higher ground or get out of that business 

The way the lake level is managed has obviously changed. Decades of "normal" levels with the occasional high water year has been  replaced by  let's make it as high as we can get it and more often.

When it comes to making money, that's priority #1 obviously. So now they want to spend more money to build something that already exists? Stop flooding the lake and the parks would be usable😄🤔

• Members

Your right,  that would be the easiest and least expensive way to improve the camping and access experience. but I don’t think that’s going to happen, and I don’t think the USACE really cares how much I like to camp and fish.... 😎 A lot more money to be made in hydro power than in camping fees.... all that said, I’ll move over to Tucker Hollow and hope I can get the boat in and catch a Walleye or two next week. 

I’m torn on this one, but I guess I come down on being in favor of moving the park. I’m all for a ramp (with plenty of parking) usable at high water levels, as the situation of folks backing across 160 to launch off the road is flat dangerous.