lower end 10/22

AR Huzgr

Got out for a few hours yesterday morning, nice calm start but didn't see any top water. Fishing though was very slow. I wasn't out all that long but only caught three. wind really cranked up mid morning. 

I think I'll head back south next time. Seem to have a bit more luck down there this time of year. Lake is really low and always interesting to see the banks I have been fishing when water is high.

Here's a picture the big one of the day.   Also the resident Indian Creek eagle was flying overhead which I always enjoy seeing.

WT 67

20241022_082041.jpg

20241022_102421.jpg

One of the best fishermen I've ever known on that lake told me 6 weeks ago that he's not going back to the north end until we get some significant rain and a bit of color back in the water. He believes the ultra-clear water (even more so than normal) on that end is just making the fish spooky as all get out. 

ClassActionTransparent.png

2 hours ago, Quillback said:

The TV weather guesser was very confident we will receive significant rain next week.  I've been enjoying this warm fall weather, but apparently the fish don't like it.

I can’t stand these calm, warm bluebird days.  Bring on the cloudy rainy gloomy weather.  Fish bite better.