Chase Whites Or Not. Are They Biti

Hog Wally

Even if you don't find a single White bass you'll be better off than suffering through a day at SDC

-

Amen brother......bring a rod and wave it like a magic wand if you have too!......yah never know, some magical forces may allow you on the water......whites or not......if you're that close to The Rock......come prepared!:-)

Well crap. I guess I'll try for the early morning top water bite then wade through the crowds of unhappy hot people in OPP(old people paradise) Why can't every lake be like Truman where locals and out of towners alike can catch fish at the drop of a hat. My family has been going to 86 campground for 25 years and I can count all the fish I've caught in those years on my own digits. I know you guys think this lake is the greatest thing since sliced bread but it hasn't been exactly nice to me

Ahh yes, ole lady table rock can be a harsh mistress. She is truly beautiful; but humbles the most seasoned anglers.....that's what keeps ME coming back. I love trying to figure 'em out.:-)

-

Table Rock seems to me, to be the kinda lake that stumps most bass anglers from far and wide. Seems most guys fishing for bass are on shallow; stained water. Come to The Rock and it's a whole other ball game. But don't despair; knowledge is power!

-

Be sure and read ever word of the most recent fishing reports here; and that will help immensely. Even better; hire one of the great guides down there, it is worth every penny! Even just a half day trip can offer a wealth of information to get you a step closer to looking like a hero.;-)

I was at Table Rock over the 4th of July and didn't bring the boat this time, but I did bring a few rods. I fished in the evening about 45 minutes before sunset until dark. I caught probably 6 fish in 2 nights fishing near a marina dock, not on the dock, but along the walkways, as close as possible to the walkway. I used a 3/8oz football jig with twin tail trailer and a shakey head. I figured it was the only form of structure that I could get to from shore, and I probably casted as far as I could an got it to maybe 12' deep. You might be able to catch in the morning on a topwater on a point or something too.