Transducer On A Jet Boat?

1 hour ago, gotmuddy said:

I am not sure where I am gonna mount one...I am afraid to drill holes in my hull hah

Get a transducer board. Drill two holes to mount it and then you can adjust your transducer in the future as often as you want without drilling new holes. Since you have a welder, you could also just weld on a little offset on the transom for mounting transducers to.

Here's a couple examples.
Hydraulic Trim Tabs and Transducer Bracket – Custom Weld Jet Boats
Transducer mount plate - This Old Boat - Lake Ontario United - Lake  Ontario's Largest Fishing & Hunting Community - New York and Ontario Canada

If you mount the transducer at the proper height, the kick up feature should save your transducer if you run too shallow. I've gotten to where I don't even bother raising mine up anymore even when the rivers are shallow. I stuffed my boat pretty good last year and the bracket kicked up and the transducer was fine. Just had to shove it back down after I got unstuck. My transducer is mounted so I can lower it when I'm on a lake if I wanted, but I never bother doing it because I can still get good side image readings at it's normal height and it's more protected in case I happen to drift over a log or something.

I'm thinking about the magnet mentioned.   Just a magnet, on the inside of the hull, if the transom does not go to the bottom.  Then the transducer mounted to another magnet outside of the hull.  These would have to be stronger neodymium type magnets, but, I believe the attraction would give before breaking the mount.  This would give you the opportunity to make adjustments until you found your sweet spot also.  Hmmm.   I may have a project for today.  Thanks.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)