Trip planned for this weekend

moguy1973

So we have a trip to Stockton planned for this weekend Friday-Sunday but looking at the forecast Mother Nature is giving us the big middle finger it seems. How many  would keep their plans and bear the weather we are supposed to get?  100% chance of rain both Friday and Saturday with mid 50's for highs and 15-20mph winds doesn't sound fun.  It really is a bummer to plan a trip a couple months out since that's the only free weekend available to go only to have the weather sour things up esp with the nice weather we've had so far this year  

IMG_3262.PNG

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

I wouldn't worry about the weather too much...it changes around here so often.

Pack for it and try to prepare but it's part of the deal...April in the Ozarks...I am in same boat except we are going to kimberling city this weekend.

Make the most of it and have fun

We decided to head down.  Boat is going to get a little wet, big deal.  Friday looks like the worst of the days.  If so we may drop the boat off where we are staying and head down to Springfield and go to BPS or something.  Saturday morning looks to be cold and dreary too but the afternoon looks better.  Sunday looks to be the diamond day of the weekend.

I'm not against fishing in a light rain, but a downpour in 50 degree weather probably isn't going to happen.  The Frogg Toggs are going to get a workout.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

Like Andy said, we have a club tourney and fishing in bad weather every year seems to be the norm. The fish are wet already so it doesnt matter to them. Good to see you kept your plans. Time to get away doesnt come easy for most of us. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

Looks like Saturday might be somewhat salvageable now.  Still windy and cold though. Tomorrow looks wet.  Sunday looks fine if the cold front doesn't jack things up. 

-- Jim

Saturday will be rainless at Stockton. On the cool side but as of a few minutes ago, rain will be centered on the Arkansas line. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM.