Sad Sight

MCrump

We have had it here at LOZ as well, fortunately mostly drum and catfish here is what I have personally seen. Saw around 10-15 floaters couple weeks ago in the Glaize arm and then yesterday in the dam area here. Heard reports in the gravois arm as well. 

Up by the dam yesterday a lot of dead fish starting to pile up in the mouth of the Harbor. Most of what I seen floating out in the main lake yesterday were drum.

Anymore news on this? We are/were planning on making a week trip there next year and was going to make reservations for our camper.  

Has this hurt the bass population at all and if so how bad does it seem?

I live south west of Springfield and I can say everything here is brown what little rain has came as went around us. They had a new story on the other day about some ranchers not having enough water for their cattle pretty dry Year if you ask me

I hate to hear about any kind of fish kill on Pomme!! I fished there last sunday from Wheatland up the Pomme arm towards the Hwy 83 Marina. Did not see any dead fish. This has been a horrible year weather wise for fish. 20 degree air temps in late April to 90 degree air temps by early May. Warmed up the water way too fast. Put a lot of strain on fish during the spawn. Then the heat has just stayed around with no rain. Hate to hear the walleyes and muskie are struggling. 

On 7/13/2018 at 8:34 AM, MOPanfisher said:

The kill didn't affect bass.  Walleye, drum and buffalo mostly with a few muskie thrown in.

Good to hear it didn't affect the bass. Still a bad deal to have any kind of die off.