birthday trip

merc1997 Bo

Belated happy BD.  Cold here this morning at 27 degree and a bit windy.  As I sit looking out the Lodge window nursing my java,

I have seen at least a dozen boats zoom by, that are a lot madder at them than I am.   Boats started running at daylight and have not stopped.

Burrrr.  

On 1/11/2019 at 1:04 PM, Champ188 said:

Belated happy birthday, Bo! Glad you got to spend it on the lake. 

champ, thanks for the wishes.  i have thought of you while fishing the last week or so as the bite has been right down your alley.  doodles jigs and tubes 10 to 20 ft. .  there was one day that a few were up and active enough that we did catch four or five on a crank bait.  this ice cold rain will change everything again.  so, it will be back to the drawing board to figure out how to get a bite again.

bo

Yep, that cold rain shut down any kind of active/shallow bite Saturday at Beaver. Had to back out (for me) into 35-40 feet of water and keep our Neds fairly still and on the bottom in 15-25 feet. Only caught four but they all came in a short time. As I said in another post, I spent too much time trying to shove a jerk bait down their throats. 

ClassActionTransparent.png