Almost jerk bait season

Mitch f

I like pretty much all the Japanese baits, I also like the SPRO. But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Squad Minnow 95 by Jackall.

What’s your favorite jerk bait?

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

The spro's work pretty good for me and the winter early spring walleyes. I throw some megabass in the +2 because I like the increased depth but I really feel I catch more fish on the spro. 

Been buying and paints a lot more knock offs and while they work I still think the spro is a better deal all in. 

I have some of them all...for bass and walleye I probably fish more Megabass 110+1s than the others, the original Lucky Craft Pointers in wind, and have had really good luck on the lowly 4” RC Sticks for trout but the bills break and I’ve only got a few left.

Mike

4 hours ago, Mitch f said:

Yes the are more expensive and yes for samllies

Jap Jerkers for me as well Pete.  I love the 110 JR. 

There's no such thing, as a bad day fishing!

what defines jerkbait season?  Cold water?  I tend to throw a jerkbait anytime and anywhere provided i can see 2 feet or more.  I honestly dont have a preference.  Megabass jerkbaits are probably the best looking ones but they dont catch more fish than the others.  I use Lucky Craft, Rapala, and megabass baits.  They are all good.  As someone who enjoys painting up lures, the predator blanks are also good.  

1 hour ago, top_dollar said:

what defines jerkbait season?  Cold water?  I tend to throw a jerkbait anytime and anywhere provided i can see 2 feet or more.  I honestly dont have a preference.  Megabass jerkbaits are probably the best looking ones but they dont catch more fish than the others.  I use Lucky Craft, Rapala, and megabass baits.  They are all good.  As someone who enjoys painting up lures, the predator blanks are also good.  

I use them all year round as well, but to me the “model” jerk bait bite is cold, clear water. When the leaves start falling and the algae and moss start dying, and the super clear water starts happening, those bait fish stick tight to cover on the rivers. I would say 40-50 degree clearish water is ideal. 

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor