How About Plastic?

oneshot

See where so many are wanting to do away with Lead.

Seems to me Plastic is having much more impact on the environment so why isn’t more push to get rid of all plastics?

oneshot

You must be looking at some old links.  That has been going on for decades.  A long time ago Nebraska went to steel shot at De Soto Bend.  Some states have even banned lead sinkers and jigs.  That is why tungsten has gotten popular.

14 minutes ago, Dutch said:

You must be looking at some old links.  That has been going on for decades.  A long time ago Nebraska went to steel shot at De Soto Bend.  Some states have even banned lead sinkers and jigs.  That is why tungsten has gotten popular.

Nope just wondering.
Mold my Bullets and use Lead which I like. Use to haul trash and bulk of it was plastic which doesn’t break down very fast.

oneshot

Plastic is the greatest long term environmental impact that we have ever created. It  will be in landfills and the oceans  thousands of years  in the future, and some plastics last longer than others. As conservationists anglers are  failures,  we have widely adopted and encourage the use  plastics like GSP and fluorocarbon that will last many times longer as waste than even the older plastics like Dacron braid and nylon monofilament. Why does no one talk about stopping plastic use and production? Because we have been programed not to. We must follow the programing and promote the agenda. As Pogo said so long ago "the enemy is us" .

• Members

Completely agree, but I dont think all plastic use is bad, just single use plastic. Youre also right that our recycling programs are a joke. Honestly, I'd pay a few extra bucks a month for a better recyling program.

Farting cows are depleting the ozone too!

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

25 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Farting cows are depleting the ozone too!

You know once grass starts greening up you really don’t want to walk toI close behind a cow.

oneshot

My east coast inlaws had city  refuse and recycling bins, separate for several different classes of recyclable garbage  and at the land fill the dozer man mixed them all together before covering them.

Nobody is recycling all the miles of lines  that are hung up in trees or broken off in the lakes. Who recycles old clothes? Most of them are or contain plastic.

Who gives a rat? we'll all be dead before the earth is and let the grand kids sort it out.