Bushwhackin

Well I couldn't stand not trying it with the weather being so nice...headed out to Taylor to join the crowd...only managed one really nice female white about a half mile hike upstream from where i parked....water was stained but not chocolate milk....caught the fish on an all white 1/16th ounce maribou jig i tied....i probably spent 80% of my time trying to find a spot with enough space to cast..that was sort of annoying...it was also annoying trying to lift that extra 20 pounds of quarantine weight up over trees and brush....next time im bringing the kayak and not crashing thru the woods...im tentatively planning a most of the day trip on Friday April 2nd if anyone wants to join...not sure if the water conditions will be floatable or not but we could try to setup a shuttle from 215 to Taylor.

Happy fishing!

21 hours ago, MNtransplant said:

Well I couldn't stand not trying it with the weather being so nice...headed out to Taylor to join the crowd...only managed one really nice female white about a half mile hike upstream from where i parked....water was stained but not chocolate milk....caught the fish on an all white 1/16th ounce maribou jig i tied....i probably spent 80% of my time trying to find a spot with enough space to cast..that was sort of annoying...it was also annoying trying to lift that extra 20 pounds of quarantine weight up over trees and brush....next time im bringing the kayak and not crashing thru the woods...im tentatively planning a most of the day trip on Friday April 2nd if anyone wants to join...not sure if the water conditions will be floatable or not but we could try to setup a shuttle from 215 to Taylor.

Happy fishing!

My wife is saying I should be able to go weather permitting. Grandma is gonna watch the little man. I have a truck for shuttle purposes. Let me know for sure