Featured
David Goddard
David Goddard

Lower End Bite Feb 2nd & 3rd

Finally made it back down to the best lake in Missouri (in my opinion) last weekend. @Justin92297 and I found the bite to be fairly tough; atleast after 9 or 10 a.m. caught fish on an a-rig, single swimbait, and ned rig. I hate throwing that stupid a-rig, but after struggling I thought it might work well. It didn't. Fish seemed to be very scattered. I dont really have good enough electronics to fish deep since I was in my dads aluminum jet. What the heck happened to the jerk bait bite that everyone was talking about? I threw a jerk bait a ton and never even had a bite on it. We put in a bunch of hours too. Fished pretty much dawn to dark both Sunday and Saturday for 14 fish, 9 of which were keepers. 2 smallmouth, 2 largemouth, and 5 spots. I broke my pb spot with one that went 3.20. The spots are freaking huge right now. They almost all look like theyve swallowed a softball. We caught all of our fish on mainlake points 10-40 foot of water. I love this lake so much. Hoping to move there after I'm done with school. Tight lines everyone.

IMG_20190204_124556_621.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Even on the best lakes, there are times when 9 healthy keepers in two days means you did well. Go back and look at the big league tournaments on all the great lakes. In every one, half the field does no better than you did this last weekend. And those guys/gals are the "best."

We are glad you enjoyed your trip and would welcome you and your reports if you move here!

5 minutes ago, rps said:

Even on the best lakes, there are times when 9 healthy keepers in two days means you did well. Go back and look at the big league tournaments on all the great lakes. In every one, half the field does no better than you did this last weekend. And those guys/gals are the "best."

We are glad you enjoyed your trip and would welcome you and your reports if you move here!

Thanks! You're right about that!

4 minutes ago, David Goddard said:

Me too man. I used to say smallies were the hardest fighters on every body of water but, I'm tellin' you what, one of those mean ol' spots will give any smallie a run for their money in my opinion.

I have never caught a spot as large as any that you guys were catching. So I would still have gone with smallies as the hardest fighting black bass.

Though would be willing to try one😁!