deleted

22 inches overall, from the Saranac River in the Adirondack Mountains. It is a tailwater below a small reservoir where I was fishing, and when they are running water the fishing is just unfair. My Missouri best is a 20 incher, but that's by far the biggest I've caught. Other than that, there have been a solid number of 17-18 inchers. But other than that 20 incher, that's been a pretty hard and fast ceiling for me.

I caught my new personal best today on the Gasconade. It was right at 18". I thought I had something other than a bass because it fought so hard!

1016062_10151520518137798_240082524_n.jp

No it won't! Just do the same thing you did when you caught the 18" and she will come!

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Guest Brian B.

My brother's best, and my best. (I was so happy for my bro- he really tore them up) (I am the ugly one sitting down)

Baldwin Lake- the construction you see in the back- that (I believe) led to all the fish accisentally being killed off over two seasons- well and Mother Nature's two back to back record heat summers.

Have no idea on length or weight.

I am not bragging- it was the best fishing day I have ever had- him too. Mid Feb- temps in the 20's, Norman Deep Little N crankbaits- just burning them.. (In Feb)..

Water was 52 degrees, no lie... We caught 14 smallies this size- shut down so we headed to Pyramid, came back later before park closed- caught one more off that point.. My brother did that is.

Most all of these fish are dead- sadly it will be four or more years until Baldwin is even fair again- heck I sold my boat partly due to it. All I used it for.post-15624-0-18846400-1372294343.jpg

post-15624-0-90492300-1372294275.jpg

Awesome fish!

52 degrees is perfect water temp...is Baldwin a power plant lake? 52 is awfully warm for Feb if its not

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Guest Brian B.

Yes it is a pp lake. The 52 deg was the cold water side- two miles from heat discharge.

That was wow- years ago now- I haven't caught a smallmouth in a good while yet.

The hybrids were quite big too... All dead.. What a shame.

nice Smallie Seth!!!! you crushed the 15 inch mark with that chunk of bronze....kudos brother

I caught my new personal best today on the Gasconade. It was right at 18". I thought I had something other than a bass because it fought so hard!

1016062_10151520518137798_240082524_n.jp