deleted

Cant blame a young fellow for keeping...Most get over it...Saw some 50 year old doofus on Facebook this week.."Guide" on a Missouri river who claimed that he was gonna toss a 20.25" smallmouth in the skillet..Dont know if he was just stirring up stink or not....The guy definetly knows how to fish...but he seems to be a doofus to the bone.

• Members

Hi all...new to the board. Ive been fishing for smallies just three years. Before that I fished for greenies for 20 years. Fall of 2009 I tried my local creek and hooked my first ever current cut smallie. That fish was a solid 10" maybe pushing 11". Never had a fish that small fight that hard. It changed everything...I dont even think about lake fishing anymore. Now Im not from MO...actually out east but here are my best.

2010 20.5" 3.5 lb

2011 20" 3.75 lb

2012 20.5" 4.25lb

There are too many unbelievable fish on this board ....nice job.

Bruce, You are the Fluke master!

Mitch, The first pic nothing but a fluke cast ;-) the second was on a hair jig.

The only good line is a tight line

• 4 weeks later...

A few years ago I caught one that weighed right at 5 lbs. in a northern Missouri river. We found a bunch grouped up around a bridge and caught more 2 to 3 pound fish than I ever have since. Guess they were grouping up for winter. Most were caught on jigs but the big one hit a split shot rigged senko.

A few years later a big flood washed out that section of river and changed into a shallow falt gravel bar. Hit it last summer one morning and caught a 3-1/2 and a few smaller ones.

I've hit the 5 pound mark 3 times with smallmouth, all from 2 different lakes in Kansas. The first 2 were before my digital camera days but I do have pictures of them framed in my man cave at home. The most recent was this 20" toad that had about a 8-9 inch crappie's tail sticking out of her throat. She still tried to eat a tiny little Lucky Craft CBS Zero thankfully.

101_1211.jpg