Jigs!?

Sore Thumbs

Looking on the NuTech website, I don't see any spider-cut (finesse) skirts. Talking about the Eakins jig-type skirt where the skirt is cut to make a collar around the head. Is that an option?

That is not an option Champ. You could always just buy the naked NuTech jigs that come with no skirt (hence the naked name) and then put your own spider skirt of your choice on there.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to be test Nutech jigs if I can get out sometime soon. They are unlike anything I amused to. I look forward to trying them.

I have always had luck with jigs when I have a good balance between of the entire tackle setup from jig and trailer to rod its fished on. You can adjust some jigs by bending the weed guards various ways.

• Members

If you want a fish catching, durable, hard to hang up jig, then NuTech jigs are what you want. I have used them and seen them used. They work. I won't say they are snag proof, but they are darn near it. Roof of the mouth almost every hook set with a quality Owner hook. Put it up against any jig on the market!!!!

Well i kind of like BO. But I have been fishing about 65 yrs and I will test it well and if I have questions or suggestions I will discuss them with him thru MSG system. I have never used one like this before.

• Members

I guess I am doing something wrong,because I haven't caught but a few fish on jewel jig. I am still learning T-Rock . I guess I'm fishing wrong type of area. Have caught some deep spooning.I just move here from broken bow lake..similar fishing.

Here lately on Beaver I have been catching them on a jig around brush piles in less than 15 ft. and in deep cuts with bluff like type walls. They must have docks or a lot of sunken lay downs. Preferably with both. That was two weeks ago so it might have changed. If the bass have moved up shallow I think you could throw a jig on these 45 degree banks and have a lot of luck too. I love Broken Bow by the way. Neat lake and that Greatful Head pizza place is awesome. Hope this helps. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Regarding Nutec Jig, I have been fishing that jig for a long time and had the pleasure to meet Bo and have been fishing with him for about 20 years. You need to give it a try and decide for yourself the advantages. One of the main things you will notice is not only roof of the mouth hooking, but the guide arms ( weed guards ) act as locking mechanisms and you have to physically release them from the fish's mouth, thus locking the jig in place and it really doesn't matter how much fighting and jumping the fish does, it's locked in!. In other words if you have a good hook set and your line and equipment holds up you confidently know you have that fish, regardless the size. I fish it on everything I can including all plastics and A rigs. 60 degree hook, parallel tie, pull through anything, seldom loosing a jig and those locking guide arms. Friends I guarantee you'll throw most of those other jigs away. Don' take my word for it, try them for yourselves.