Jigs!?

Sore Thumbs

Need to know a jig u guys recommend? I am trying to find out which jigs finish lasts the longest? Seems like the paint comes off awfully fast on the ones I am using. I might be superstitious but I feel like I can catch more fish when the jig has all its paint on it. Any input from you guys is greatly appreciated. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try out NuJig from Nutech lures, awesome jigs. Finally a jig with good solid smarts behind the design

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Just got my order from Bo and NuTech Jigs last week and really looking forward to using them. Everything about the jigs design makes sense and appears to be nothing but top quality with a nice sturdy hook. I believe he uses Owner (my favorite) if I am not mistaken. Can't speak of their durability of the paint as I haven't thrown them yet but looks like a nice powder coat that would hold up well. I have used Jewel jigs and I believe their paint job on the jigs heads is second to none as far and not chipping easily and retaining its paint job the longest. My 2 cents.

It's all in your head, I still catch fish like crazy on a couple that have the paint worn off for a year. One is on it's third skirt the fish like to chew it so much.
But it's your paintbrush, so if it's a hard finish you want you just have to make sure the jig maker cures the heads if it's powder painted, then uses an epoxy finish over that. I don't do that for my jigs for personal use.

me personally, i fish with unpainted heads all the time. i seem to catch plenty of bass. i always just figured you just needed a basic skirt color and your trailer. i know there are many that are pretty particular about painted heads and certain colors in the skirts. i have seen times that a particular color seemed to really make a difference, but i have seen many more times that both of us in the boat were catching them on different colors, but we were both fishing the sames weights. i have always put more fishing emphasis on depth and speed rather than color. that is just me. confidence is a big factor, and whatever gives you more confidence will help you fish better.

bo

Even baked and epoxy coated jigs will chip it you fish them in rocks. Most of the places I throw my jigs, they don't last long enough for me to worry about the paint.