Jigs!?

Sore Thumbs

Regarding Nutec Jig, I have been fishing that jig for a long time and had the pleasure to meet Bo and have been fishing with him for about 20 years. You need to give it a try and decide for yourself the advantages. One of the main things you will notice is not only roof of the mouth hooking, but the guide arms ( weed guards ) act as locking mechanisms and you have to physically release them from the fish's mouth, thus locking the jig in place and it really doesn't matter how much fighting and jumping the fish does, it's locked in!. In other words if you have a good hook set and your line and equipment holds up you confidently know you have that fish, regardless the size. I fish it on everything I can including all plastics and A rigs. 60 degree hook, parallel tie, pull through anything, seldom loosing a jig and those locking guide arms. Friends I guarantee you'll throw most of those other jigs away. Don' take my word for it, try them for yourselves.

bud

thanks for letting others know what all the jigs will do. we sure have had 20+ years of fun catching an awful lot of big bass.

bo

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazbin----- I intend on giving it a good try. It is something different. Myself I use the system of bending the weed guard out in the attached photo. It works. Now I will see if BOs works better. Hope it does.

Hazbin----- I intend on giving it a good try. It is something different. Myself I use the system of bending the weed guard out in the attached photo. It works. Now I will see if BOs works better. Hope it does.

• Members

Regarding Nutec Jig, I have been fishing that jig for a long time and had the pleasure to meet Bo and have been fishing with him for about 20 years. You need to give it a try and decide for yourself the advantages. One of the main things you will notice is not only roof of the mouth hooking, but the guide arms ( weed guards ) act as locking mechanisms and you have to physically release them from the fish's mouth, thus locking the jig in place and it really doesn't matter how much fighting and jumping the fish does, it's locked in!. In other words if you have a good hook set and your line and equipment holds up you confidently know you have that fish, regardless the size. I fish it on everything I can including all plastics and A rigs. 60 degree hook, parallel tie, pull through anything, seldom loosing a jig and those locking guide arms. Friends I guarantee you'll throw most of those other jigs away. Don' take my word for it, try them for yourselves.

• Members

I meant to comment to Hazbin and my thumb was to quick. you are spot on about the nujig. I have committed to fishing only the nujig this last many months and the result for me is that I don't carry any other jig now. It will do anything I ask of it. I have even been able to fish the same jig for several trips without losing it because of its ability to be so weedless. Great colors to choose from too. Their swimming jig is a great bait also.

• Members

Tie all my own jigs. Custom jig heads made in small batches from a reliable internet vendor = paint lasts 5x as long. Skirts from skirtsunlimited lets you mix & match colors and match the hatch on the fly. Plus tying your own is about 1/4 the cost of buying one new.

Hey Old Plug,,I really couldn't tell by you pictures all of the characteristics of your jig. But here is generally what happens when you spread the bristles, they loose so much tensile strength that they become almost useless.With the weight of the jig it is difficult to pull over a limb. I couldn't tell what the hook looked like, if is is a 90 degree and vertical tie them that's a big problem. When a fish bites down the hook lies flat and when you set the hook it will not rotate and tends to hook in the side of the mouth in the soft tissue or you will simply jerk it out of it's mouth on hook set. However, with a 60 degree hook with horizontal eye the hook will tend to rotate up, but without the aid of stiffness of strong weed guards the cutting of the hook will occur during landing of the fish and making it easier for it to throw the hook. About two of those bristles would be about suitable for a 1/16 oz crappie jig, so to me spreading the bristles bundle defeats the purpose of the design and you will no doubt loose a lot of jigs in a days fishing. I guess we could be in the law of Physics, mass of the jigs weight versus the force of the line pull. Therefore, lessing the tensile strength of the bristle bundle is obverse to the design. Again just my opinion Plug for what it is worth.