Couple Niangua Rainbows

Johnsfolly

I fished the Niangua River at the Rt 64 Bridge access looking to catch some fish that had eluded me last year. I was fishing worms and was able to catch the fish that I had been thinking about for some time. I was able to fight the current and place my baits just where my target fish could take the bait. I let the fish take the baits before setting the hook. Once I landed them I took their pictures and released them back into the river. Here are the male rainbow darters that I caught yesterday.

Niangua - Rainbow Darter 1 (2) - 26Mar16.JPG

Niangua - Rainbow Darter 2 (2) - 26Mar16.JPG

I did also catch a few 8-10 inch rainbow trout on this trip as well. I also tried for some of the suckers, but kept catching the more aggressive hornyhead chubs. Will have to go back again for the suckers.

Pretty fish and well done!

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Thanks BH. I had seen these darters when I fished this section previously. Now it get's harder. I am going to have to find different darters in waters that I have not seen them before or have never fished but need to target based upon previous collection records from those water. Should be fun.