4/14 & 4/15

shark bait

Fished Friday afternoon from 3:30 to about 7 then went out today from 6:30 to 2:30. I did well on Friday. Had about a 3 or 4 poud LM, several in the 2 to 3 pound range and a lot of smaller ones. Caught them on a sb, jig and ned. Caught about 20 fish total. Today was a different story. Started with top waters and caught 2. Switched to jig and ned. I also threw crankbait and sb. All told only had 4 fish. 

Becky B

I was out there today from 7-noon. Caught 13. Crankbait for the first one. Jig for the second one. Bunch of them on a fluke. After sun got high fish were under docks. Used a jig again. Ran my boat from Holiday Island to Sweetwater and back. Dock bite was on for sure but I had to leave to watch my girls play soccer. 

30 minutes ago, Sore Thumbs said:

I was out there today from 7-noon. Caught 13. Crankbait for the first one. Jig for the second one. Bunch of them on a fluke. After sun got high fish were under docks. Used a jig again. Ran my boat from Holiday Island to Sweetwater and back. Dock bite was on for sure but I had to leave to watch my girls play soccer. 

long way to run for 5 hours of fishing, but the woods are really pretty right now.  good time to just be out and enjoy all there is to see.

bo

8 hours ago, merc1997 said:

long way to run for 5 hours of fishing, but the woods are really pretty right now.  good time to just be out and enjoy all there is to see.

bo

Bo. I am breaking my motor in. I still have 6 plus hours left on break in. Never been that far up the Kings. It was a beautiful day for a tour of the Rock. 

Gonna add to my dock bite statement. I noticed yesterday that when I was fishing these pockets that when the wind was behind me going into a pocket I didn't get bit. It was heading out against the wind when I got bit. It was blowing pretty hard at times so my guess is that my bait just wasn't in the strike zone quite long enough. I was using 1/2 oz jig with Yamamoto twin tail grub trailer. Green pumpkin with purple/orange flake. Skirt was green pumpkin with a hint of orange and Missouri craw. Don't think color made a big difference.  There are some great looking pockets between Viola ramp and Sweetwater. Tons of debris and lay downs with deep water in the middle. I didn't get a single bite flipping the good looking stuff. Either incorrect bait choice or they aren't in there just yet. 

1 hour ago, Sore Thumbs said:

Gonna add to my dock bite statement. I noticed yesterday that when I was fishing these pockets that when the wind was behind me going into a pocket I didn't get bit. It was heading out against the wind when I got bit. It was blowing pretty hard at times so my guess is that my bait just wasn't in the strike zone quite long enough. I was using 1/2 oz jig with Yamamoto twin tail grub trailer. Green pumpkin with purple/orange flake. Skirt was green pumpkin with a hint of orange and Missouri craw. Don't think color made a big difference.  There are some great looking pockets between Viola ramp and Sweetwater. Tons of debris and lay downs with deep water in the middle. I didn't get a single bite flipping the good looking stuff. Either incorrect bait choice or they aren't in there just yet. 

Yep. Lot of great little cuts up there. Fun if it's not crowded.

10 hours ago, Sore Thumbs said:

Bo. I am breaking my motor in. I still have 6 plus hours left on break in. Never been that far up the Kings. It was a beautiful day for a tour of the Rock. 

break-in can seem to take forever.  and it actually does.  we really, most of the time never have the big engine running that much.  

bo