Boat Lift Help

crittermo

• Members

I'm hoping that someone here can help me. I have an older hydro hoist A arm boat lift and the metal bracket that holds

the large 4 inch square bushing has broken. I called the guy that has worked on my lift for the last 10 years and he

told me it would be a month before he could fix it. I called two other places and neither have gotten back to me. Does

anyone know or have a good lift repair person that is dependable and reliable that I could call? 

I also found a place that makes a replacement bolt on bushing
bracket that would work great and I'm thinking about trying to repair

it myself, anyone ever try to remove the A arm or replace the bushings on one of these old lifts? I believe that I should be

able to do it but thought I would check the forum first. Thanks everyone!     

HoistBracket.jpg

2 hours ago, crittermo said:

I'm hoping that someone here can help me. I have an older hydro hoist A arm boat lift and the metal bracket that holds

the large 4 inch square bushing has broken. I called the guy that has worked on my lift for the last 10 years and he

told me it would be a month before he could fix it. I called two other places and neither have gotten back to me. Does

anyone know or have a good lift repair person that is dependable and reliable that I could call? 

I also found a place that makes a replacement bolt on bushing bracket that would work great and I'm thinking about trying to repair it myself, anyone ever try to remove the A arm or replace the bushings on one of these old lifts? I believe that I should be able to do it but thought I would check the forum first. Thanks everyone!     

Welcome to what they call "laketime" 😄. I have not had any boat lift work done but have heard Sumerset is decent, but none are cheap I can guarantee that.

It sure is Jerry. several are millionaires around this neck of the woods.

I can weld a bit and fix my own dock ad lift

CRITTERMO..,  Have you considered replacing it. I have a fiber gllass  box lift under mine that locks up against pins when it is up. They are very good boat lifts and do not have those plastic bushings.. I know soneone who might be able to help you and that is B&B boat dock on the gravois I think John has several used lifts he might sell you.,

I have changed one arm with my neighbor. It is no real hard but youvgot to rase the lift up enough to get the arm loose with a come along. Think you might have to have that frame welded before you do anything else though.

Sometimes the actual repair isn't difficult, but having the knowledge and or tools to do it safely and or well is more difficult to come by.  Is it a big problem to.simply get on their waiting lift and wait?  Sometimes if there is another job close by they might do yours to finish out a day for the crew.

• Members

Thank you everyone for your input. I will check with b&b dock. I currently have a chain holding it together and that seems to be working ok for now, not sure how well it will hold up over the weekend. If it makes it to Monday I will feel a lot better about waiting it out for a repair person, other wise I might get the tools and come along and see what I can do if it looks worse. I'm trying to avoid getting a new used one, a halfway decent one is a few grand not including installation. It doesn't look like it should be that difficult to pull the arm off and bolt on the new bracket but I have never worked on one before. Thanks again for your help and input.

I just had Young's Boat Lift save mine from making it to the bottom of the lake 2 weeks ago, they were here the day after I called them, reasonable and professional.  I had them go ahead and replace ALL bolts and install new pitman arms while they were here so hopefully it's good for a couple years.

• Members

thanks shrapnel, i will see if they come to the northshore area.

what i would really like to do is replace it myself, has anyone ever replaced the 4 inch

bushings on their own lift? it looks to be only 3 bolts to remove the A arm but i don't know if i can

just remove the one A arm that i need to work on or if i have to unbolt both of the rear arms to

be able to get one side off.