Jon boat trailer

wily

The rewire with all new harness and  LED tail & marker lights will cost about $50-60. Just updated mine. A two hour project. Waterproof heat shrink connections  and a heat gun will make it last.

I hear ya...but I’m done.  Im not smart enough to fix it.

i thought I had it fixed and it blew the tail light on the truck Saturday.  I messed with trying to fix the truck yesterday and didn’t get it done.

so I’m pissed.  I’ve never liked the trailer...should’ve just bought new one when I got the boat instead of throwing money at it.

I’m selling without a title so probably work best for Kansas or Oklahoma...but I think anyone could apply for a homemade trailer title.  I put it on Joplin Craigslist 

52 minutes ago, oneshot said:

I tried Home Made have to be 12 foot or a list of parts put in to building it.

oneshot

That's not what it says here; https://dor.mo.gov/motorv/trailers.php#homemade

You may have to cut or weld  some thing to convince the inspection/gas  station gal that it is home made but there is no requirement for parts list. Of course the county sheriff might require a bigger fee.

For about $30 you can get a plug and play set  of magnetic mount lights complete, 5 minute install. Remove and use on the farm wagon etc.

3 hours ago, tjm said:

That's not what it says here; https://dor.mo.gov/motorv/trailers.php#homemade

You may have to cut or weld  some thing to convince the inspection/gas  station gal that it is home made but there is no requirement for parts list. Of course the county sheriff might require a bigger fee.

This was Highway Patrol.

I told them there was no way I was driving back to Joplin for a Parts List that I MIGHT get.

So I figured I bought some high dollar scrap.

oneshot

I think the Safety Inspection Station  and Sheriff is recent change, I recall some years ago it was required to bring the trailer to Carthage to the Highway Patrol for inspection.  =3 hours round trip so it just got used on the farm.  If you still have that trailer you might try it again.  But the idea is home made should be obvious if it looks factory made with no modifications of tongue or axle etc. it could be hard to convince anyone that it is homemade.  Obviously, if it is entire made of scrap, old car axle and construction iron for frame etc. you can't have receipts for parts.  Then the story is "there is a junk pile at home that was there when I was born, that's where I got the parts"

This Trailer was made by High School Kids in Carthage. I took it to Springfield Highway Patrol from Lead Mine.

I no longer have the Trailer .

oneshot