Real Estate Question.

liphunter

My wife will retire in a little more than a year. We were think we would like to move to a lake area or on the lake itself. The we can both agree on is the Beaver Lake area. Of course we would have to sale  this home first. My question is for you guys in the know. 

I have been to Beaver a few times diving at Indian Creek. But really don't much about it. Is it like Table Rock with private docks and homes on the lake? Or is it just a live close to the lake deal? 

TIA,

Mike

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity...... Or you could just flip a coin???B)

Not an expert on the lake real estate, but yes it is like TR in that you can find homes on the lake, or near the lake with dock slips.  

When the weather gets a little warmer, be glad to take you out for some fishing and we can cruise around and check things out if you like.

I'll be right behind you liphunter, retiring in a little over two years. we have been investigating the general Beaver lake area for relocation as well. We've stayed at a few places near lost bridge village, as well as checking out Rogers  area/Bella Vista area.  Definitely places to buy on the lake, though not as many available as table Rock. and therefore lakefront will probably be a bit pricier than table Rock as well. Our process right now is doing the trade-off analysis of how close we want to be to the city for the various services and amenities.  I'm going to stay in a VRBO in Bella Vista this summer just to check that out. Have also been scouting out areas in prairie Creek as that may be a good place to have access to both lake and City. There seems to be some nice homes near eureka, however I know my wife couldn't live that far from the "City" and associated winding roads!  

We'll have to compare notes over the next year!

Beaver Lake N. Arkansas is fantastic, with the metroplex close by dining  and shopping are everywhere along with just about any entertainment that a person wants.  Beautiful seasons and not severe Winters.

As far as the Branson, Table Rock Lake area, there is plenty of real estate available completely around the lake, from Branson to Kimberling City to Cape Fair to Shell Knob.  You just have to decide on the lake area you wish to live and the amenities you want close by.  Most all, are just minutes from medical, groceries and dining.

My wife and I just loved the Beaver Lake area and considered it when building our Lodge.  I however needed to be close to Taneycomo for work and to tell the truth property on the Rock at that time was at least 1/3 rd. less than on Beaver.  From what we keep hearing from our Arkansas guests at the Lodge, and I tend to like to look at real estate mags. right now Beaver is maybe in some instances even 1/2 again higher than the Table Rock area.   And, probably justly deserved.

Everytime I get to fish that beautiful lake I just say Wow.

Thanks Bill. That's why Stockton didn't even make the list. Not enough metro in the area for the wife.  lol

As far as prices. I am starting to get the picture of what your talking about. That being said. We don't have to live right on the lake and still it may not be out of the question. It's more my fantasy than hers. We both like that area, and think somewhere around the metro is still a very possibility. It's funny you mentioned medical. That's a point that my wife always brings up. She is not in denial as much as I am... Getting old isn't for sissies.

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity...... Or you could just flip a coin???B)

Medical facilities are top notch IMO,  when I had my knee replacement done, I really had nothing to complain about.  

Mercy has just finished adding a 6 story expansion to their facility, and unfortunately I have been over there a lot the last week as my mom's companion had a heart incident, needed to get a pace maker installed, and also is dealing with a partially collapsed lung.  He's 88 years old so this has been very tough on him.  Anyway, the staff over there have been doing all they can do for him and we hope we can bring him home any day now.

29 minutes ago, liphunter said:

That's why Stockton didn't even make the list. Not enough metro in the area for the wife.  lol

Funny- I've had the exact same conversation.  I love Stockton but it is a non starter in terms of moving to.  I figure if I can be within a 30-40 drive to launch, that should be a decent compromise of lake vs City life.  That is why Bella Vista and Prairie Creek areas are higher on our list.

2 hours ago, MO Huzgr said:

Funny- I've had the exact same conversation

Yea, I love it as well. I can get to about any launch on the south side in 35 to 45 mins. It just wouldn't work for my wife. Just between me and you, she treats me pretty good (Except for an upgrade in bass boats.) Wah!!!. I'd like to keep her happy.