12-1-22

Ketchup

Has 3 hours to burn, so launched out of Cedar Ridge. Threw the Stunna jerk bait all 3 hours. Caught 4 species of fish again, with LM being the most consistent. Most fish were in the 3’ to 6’ range. Wind, clouds, cool water made for a good morning. 

All fish came in the back 1/2 of small cuts, most on small points. 

9F7F9B0C-981D-4945-B5CF-DAE8DDF61E4E.jpeg

18BF6B47-E776-471A-ACA0-1171592C8458.jpeg

78C6B838-14F9-4D88-B84A-398FD3275B93.jpeg

34FB8C8C-3EE0-4E9E-86BC-61816BFE33A9.jpeg

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

2 hours ago, Quillback said:

I like those Stunnas.

Quill, I’m a huge jerk bait guy, fish them year round and have several brands, including those more expensive ones. None have caught me more fish than these. 

Last March on Pomme, i was throwing the Stunna and partner was throwing a Megabass. We pulled into a spot that was loaded with fish. I caught 4 keepers before he hooked his first. After culling twice, mostly me catching, he tied on a Stunna and hammered them. I’m a believer. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

I'm going to have one tied on next time out.  I had a couple of good days on them in early spring on Table Rock this year,  but haven't thrown them this time of year yet.  I need the weather to get a little more cooperative so I can get out more.  Way too windy for me today.

27 minutes ago, Quillback said:

The ones I have used did sink slowly.  I'm thinking a foot in 5 seconds or so.  That's an estimate.

Thanks.  Seems like that has been the trend with so many jerkbaits lately.  I tend to like a slow floater, and I can add lead strips or split rings to make is suspend or sink.  

On my trip before this one, i broke one off jerking on the rocks in 6’ of water. As i was tying another one on i seen it on the surface. Curious i dropped the tied one on from 8’ up as it went in probably a foot or so down. I watched it as it slowly rose. It probably took 20 seconds for it to surface. 

Here are pictures of a downed tree and brush pile off of a secondary point. Both in 4’ of water. I caught 4 LM between those 2 cover piles. This is what my outing have been looking for. Visible brush in 2 to 8’ of water. 

CDBFB46E-86E8-4725-8628-CB7355F4690E.jpeg

A2FB53C6-2684-45B2-8D78-0BE3D7D4CA49.jpeg

1 hour ago, top_dollar said:

Thanks.  Seems like that has been the trend with so many jerkbaits lately.  I tend to like a slow floater, and I can add lead strips or split rings to make is suspend or sink.  

Yeah, always been a fan of a suspenders myself, especially when the water is mid winter cold and the fish lethargic.  But this slow sink deal gets bites, so I look at it as another tool in the toolbox.