Kim City - Feb 28 - Deep trees underspin

Dock-in-it

Fished this morning and finally found some fish on my 3rd stop. The first two locations (with deep trees) had plenty of shad from 15 to 50 FOW but there were no fish. 

The third location had shallow and deep trees with limited shad. I had 4 keepers on the 1/4oz underspin. The boat was in 30 to 50ft and the fish where suspended around trees that topped out about 10 to 20 ft below the surface. The chance of catching fish really went up if there were 3 or 4 fish in a tight group. Best suspended depth was around 20 ft down regardless of overall depth.

I did see some single fish up shallow in 10 to 15ft.

A regular swimbait would probably work good, but I had the underspin on 10# and it has been working lately. 

I had plenty of followers that did not commit, so perhaps an A-Rig would have produced a few more.

After catching the keepers I moved the boat 100 yards and found a ton of shad, but no fish.

20230228_081008.jpg

20230228_083245.jpg

Great day. Congrats on finding them. 

My favorite youtube guy is Johnny Shultz with Fish the Moment. The video i watched last night was about this exact thing. He found lots of baitfish but few bass. He ran to a new spot with fewer baitfish but had more bass. Those bass around fewer bait were easier to catch and more willing to play.  The guy knows his stuff. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM.