Good News - New Cc Access Coming Soon

Crooked Creek Angler

• Members

Spoke with an employee a few days ago at the Fred Berry Conservation Center and they indicated that the AGFC has purchased a property at George's Creek and plan to put in a access to CC there, (it's the old Doyle Wood property for those of you familiar with the area). This will certainly make more options for those wishing to float the creek in the future.

I'm a split decision on this. I like that the access is currently limited at George's creek but man is it hard to drag a canoe up to the road since the farm access closed 1/2 mile down stream.

• Members

In actuality the less put ins the better

I understand it is something of a double edged sword, but as I get older I'm getting less greedy. Crooked Creek is a treasure that should be shared. Unfortunately in the sharing the treasure may lose a little of its luster, but its worth it to me to have people who wouldn't otherwise be able to or be inclined to take a crooked creek float be able to do so. Floating these streams is not all about catching fish for me anymore, but about restoring the soul, (and as you can see, it doesn't bother me to wax exitstential about it). If everyone had a creek to float the world would be a better place.

Feel free to puke now if you like, just my opinion. :have-a-nice-day:

Well said. I too am torn on this issue. Love convenient accesses but hate what too many of them do to the fishing...but realize that more people floating them should mean more people caring about them. On the other hand, you gotta hope that the right kind of people are floating them and not a bunch of river dorks. As long as CC is too small for jet boats most of the time and there's only one small canoe rental on it, it's reasonably safe from river dorks.

As long as CC is too small for jet boats most of the time , it's reasonably safe

Jet boats ARE the DEVIL! and I own one. A jet boat being run by a moron s a public safety hazard and in general ruins the fun for lots of other folks.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

• 2 weeks later...