Lipless Crankbaits

Fish24/7

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like them in grassy lakes, but haven't had a good bite on them in clear rocky lakes with little vegetation. Can be phenomenal in the right spots at times on some lakes.

+1 ... probably nowhere are they more suitable than around submergent vegetation like hydrilla, coontail, milfoil, etc.

ClassActionTransparent.png

I find alot of them in the river arms stuck on some stumps but I personally don't use except on lakes with some kind of grass. Fish a state tournament on Dardanelle a couple of years ago and caught the fire out of them nothing big but alot of fun. They would jerk the road out your hands.

We used them A LOT in the shallow lakes with lots of flats , stained water, and vegetation that I grew up fishing.

I owe quite a few of them from 1/8 oz to 1 ounce in various makes and models. I rarely fish them anymore. I just don't get bit on them enough to keep chunking them.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

I've had some pretty decent success burning these lil boogers back parallel to the docks in Prairie Creek the last few early fall weekends.

post-5767-0-23186100-1413238161.jpg

I'd just throw towards the bank as close to the edges of the dock as I could, let it sink just a second or so, then steady reel it back (bumping the rod every now and again).

Hence, the artistic rendition below (I would be the handsome smiley face).....

post-5767-0-33522800-1413239066.jpg