Be careful this weekend

Hydro 205

They can Go without me this year; last year I was trying to fish Gibson in the Gravois that afternoon.  Got my self mad enough to hope one of them cutting between me and the shoreline would get hung up....finally stowed the electric and put her on the lift.  Ain't worth it.

Mike

Fishing Gibson point on any weekend (or even on a windy day) is a recipe for frustration.  I don't understand you guys that think you have to fish in the middle of the lake.  My regular partner throws a fit to fish mainlake stuff all the time.   I pull out there and just sit and eat a sandwich while he piddles around out there trying to "make something happen", and I tell him I'll get up and join him if he starts hammering them.  If I gain another pound I'm just gonna start ignoring him when he starts pointing at stuff he wants to fish.   Once he gets enough of fighting waves and fishing his mainlake crap then we go back to fishing in the creeks AND CATCHING FISH. :)

The flat/channel swing on the north side of the mouth of Mill Creek in the Gravois arm. It's an inside turn and the big boys tend to cut the corner heading downstream and it has claimed it's fair share of gear cases from those unfamiliar with the area.

Mike

1 hour ago, 96 CHAMP said:

Where exactly is Gibson point if it isn't a big secret??

It is no secret it is a the mouth of mill creek cove. The secret is figuring out what and where of it. It used to b a favorite spot for white bass. I live accos mill creek from it. 

It's also the narrowest section of the Gravois arm which happens to be less than 1/4 mile from the widest section of the Gravois arm, and where 2ft. wakes turn into 4ft. rollers that are 18-20 feet peak to peak.  

Beautiful piece of point/hump structure that seldom holds fish anymore because of the rediculis turbulence.   The only limit of Walleye I've ever seen caught on LO was caught there in 1989 by the man whom it is named after.