Tandem Axle Trailer - Question

Carl W

4 minutes ago, Carl W said:

Thanks Vernon. That helps a bunch. 

You bet. If you have any other questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer accurately. 

The storage aspect can be equally as daunting as the buying experience!

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.

• Members

dluoW

I have a single axle trailer and would like to upgrade to a dual axle. I have to be able to pull into the building where I keep my boat, unhook and then rotate the trailer 90 degrees. Can I get by with just the Trailer valet or will I need the dollies too?

Willy

My tandem axle is a breeze to move around into the tightest spot in our garage, one man, any direction with these three items.

-A pair of Harbor Freight wheel dollys.

https://m.harborfreight.com/1250-lb-Capacity-Vehicle-Positioning-Wheel-Dolly-61917.html

-and a Trailer Valet (best money Ive ever spent and the best dang invention since sliced bread!).........so easy, our 8 year old girls can maneuver our 21 foot fiberglass bass boat with a 225HO into the garage.

https://www.trailervalet.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw5PDLBRD0rICj35CtqS4SJACH7bsyV6yY8Pkf9HhoH_mJVAtRfx-tSKJZXZwC4kUDexCraBoC28Dw_wcB

4 hours ago, Willyh08 said:

dluoW

I don't think the Trailer Valet would have enough grip to overcome the force of trying to push the tires of the Trailer sideways; to get that 90 degree spin you need. But, if you're able to spin a single axle trailer 90 degrees, you may be able to get by with just 2 of the wheel dollies; on the rear axle. Because, once the rear axle is on the casters; it should not be too much different than the single axle you have now? (Besides the initial shove to get the Trailer rotating and the dolly casters on the wheels pointing the correct direction)...........maybe a little extra weight of the entire setup and some slight resistance from the rolling casters, compared to your single axle would be different.(just thinking out loud here)

1 hour ago, sjcorpst said:

I have to tuck my boat in really precise so I can park my truck in the garage also.  This made it easy, and my back thanks me each time.

Trax Power Dolly

That's one of the ones that I looked at a while back.  I'm sure that it works great for moving a trailer but in my situation there's not enough room between the trailer tongue and the wall for the Trax unit to pass by to turn where I need to.

In fact, I usually go ahead and unhinge the break away tongue before moving the trailer so I don't have to hassle with the extra effort required to miss hitting the wall when turning so even the larger size Trailer Valet wouldn't do me any good.  Just not enough room to hook anything up to the hitch.

The fact that the smaller version that Motoman described attaches to the side of the trailer is what piqued my interest.

If I had the room though, I'd sure have one of those babies!

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

The house we built has a 2 car garage so I keep my boat on one side and storage cabinets, a fridge and a chest freezer on the other side. The vehicles stay on the driveway because that is what it is for. That set up allows me plenty of room for the boat maneuvering. Just sayin 

Mike

1 hour ago, m&m said:

The house we built has a 2 car garage so I keep my boat on one side and storage cabinets, a fridge and a chest freezer on the other side. The vehicles stay on the driveway because that is what it is for. That set up allows me plenty of room for the boat maneuvering. Just sayin 

Mike

You obviously do not operate under the mindful governance and domain of an HOA and all that those wonderful organizations bring to bear!

No cars on driveways, no trailer parking on driveway or in front of house, no on street parking, no garage doors left open, no trash cans in front of the house, no political or promotional signage in yard, ............

Well, you get the idea.

Heck, even house paint colors have to be "approved".

I love it here.

Way better than living on some smelly ol' lake full of boats..................