Sad Sight

MCrump

Not a whole lot but several of the spotty storms have gone right over my house.  This half to an inch rains have done wonders for my crab grass crop.  Prettiest green yard I have had in a long time.  But almost zero run off anywhere around here.  Aside from high water temps, and low DO, the warm stagnant lake waters are about perfect for an outbreak of red sore disease which hits all species.  Have seen some years where it was bad., again not a thing that can be done about it.

• Members
13 hours ago, MoCarp said:

any holes in them?

None that I could see MoCarp. I assume you're bringing a bowfishing possibility to the table? Correct me if I'm wrong. I would find a bowfishing cause real hard to believe.

36 minutes ago, MCrump said:

None that I could see MoCarp. I assume you're bringing a bowfishing possibility to the table? Correct me if I'm wrong. I would find a bowfishing cause real hard to believe.

holes would be easy to spot, sometimes whoopse gets made and the fish gets tossed back, but if you didn't see it, some other reason that lake seems to have more than its share of fish kills.... hope the state took samples to test...

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

2 hours ago, MOPanfisher said:

Trust me on this one there were no holes in them, just a lot of big dead walleye.

sad we had a fish kill, I wonder about agricultural run off? need to look a google earth and see whats up....some people do stupid things like burning tires where it can run into a lake....

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

I wonfer if heavy runoff in the late spring resulted in lower dissolved oxygen levels in the surface water before the thermocline set up. Now witth the heat there contimues to be an oxygen deficit.

• Members

That’s the funny thing most places Down where the fish are dying the thermocline is somewhere in the 40 ft range but most of the deeper part of the lake is in the 26-28ft range. Wish I had a D/O meter to find out at depth. Bass fishing is off bad right now so somethings going on.