Jigfest 2019 (spring version) food thread

Quillback

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:13 AM, Quillback said:

Here's my proposal for the menu, still some blanks to fill in, and open to changes/suggestions/additions.

Thursday night -Looks like we have a smoked brisket and other goodies

Friday morning -Muffins and I think other stuff might be available

Friday night - JD's crew food night, which looks to be chili and chicken and dumplings.  I was thinking we might also want to add garlic bread.

Saturday morning -Same as Friday AM

Saturday night - Fish fry, bream and catfish.  I can bring cole slaw and ketchup.

Sunday morning - Same as Friday AM

Lunches - Someone can bring bread and lunchmeat for anyone that wants to make a sandwich to take out on the river.

Made some modificatons to the menu.

Does someone want to bring lunch meat and bread?  Not sure if we need it, but if you guys want to bring sandwiches out on the boat might be a good idea.

And maybe someone can bring a case or two of bottled water.

I think we will have 16-17 total people, but still a few who have not definitely committed.

2 hours ago, curtisce said:

I can get some lunch meat for one of the days figuring 3-4# per day. I'll get an assortment.I was going to bring down some bottled water but it is only 95% water🍺

I can also chip in on lunch meat, bread. Looks like it all is pretty much covered. I may bring a beer or 2 to share.

Looking forward to it guys.   Jeff, Les is bringing his cooker so I’m gonna use his to cook the catfish. His takes 4 gallons of oil.  I have no problem bringing the oil for it as well. 

There's no such thing, as a bad day fishing!

4 hours ago, LittleRedFisherman said:

Looking forward to it guys.   Jeff, Les is bringing his cooker so I’m gonna use his to cook the catfish. His takes 4 gallons of oil.  I have no problem bringing the oil for it as well. 

I have the oil, I'll bring it.