Big M area, December 20

Quillback

There was a good spotted bass bite yesterday,  Ned rig was working well on bluff banks, steep rocky banks, and around timber.  Fish were anywhere from 10 to 30 feet deep, most being around 20 feet.  I'm either slowly dragging the Ned rig on the bottom, or hopping it down bluff walls, but it's a slow hop.  For the most part they are really biting lightly, sometimes they'll thump it, but many of the bites are barely detectable even using braid with a leader.  

I'm catching very few largemouth or smallmouth, yesterday I caught 2 largemouth, and one smallie, but caught close to 20 spots.

I did catch a few on a 110 sized jerk bait.  I think if I would have thrown the jerk bait all day I would have caught more on it, but the Ned rig is just getting more bites for me right now.

Got some background in this pic - who knows where it is?

large.DEC201.jpg

Broke Back fish - but he was a keeper!

large.DEC202.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

57 minutes ago, Hazbin said:

Does look like the south ramp of Emerald Beach in Vinney Cr. Has the big tree you circle around to line-up onto the ramp??

It does look similar to Emerald Beach, and the background is fuzzy which I apologize for, but it is not Emerald beach.