It was pretty good today.

Dutch

Letum have it freefallin.  My back seat partner likes to read books and newspapers while I fish so I’ll be waiting for the rain to get by before I get back at them.  I am really having a good time with my new leggy jig but I am going to have to use something else also.

B2C774D0-1812-414C-8734-C5B2D10A3054.jpeg

• Members

Some of my recent hand pours and what has been eating them.. 

Quick tip: the beaver Texas rigged with a little  1/8 oz sinker and the pointy NED have been my "locater baits" for bank fishin' while the pud with a 3/4 oz owner beast lead wide gap 6/0 hook are what seems to attract attention offshore. 

IMG_0309.jpeg

IMG_0302.jpeg

IMG_0299.jpeg

IMG_0315.jpeg

IMG_0329.jpg.jpeg

BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Ronald Reagan

Good looking baits there.  What beaver mold do you have?  One of my students has been flipping beavers and wants me to get a mold.

• Members

My craw molds are Do-it. BUT if I had not lost most of my retirement funds in the latest equities crash I would invest in Angling AI, Real Deal or BTS. And from a long time closet bait-maker buying a mold that injects one bait at a time makes for long nights away from your honey and shorter sleeps between fishing trips. ALWAYS injector molds over hand pours.  ALWAYS. Heading to State Park in 15.

Heres hoping you all  find a big ole' mama bass looking for luv on the flats this week.

Bass wishes.

kid

This mornings limit! 

IMG_0310.jpeg

Ronald Reagan

Yep single cavity molds are the pits.  I’ve looked at angling Ai.  I have some molds from them.  If I bought Do It, I would buy 2 or 3 and probably seal them for a shinier finish.

• Members

I had not heard about sealing the molds. Thanks for the tip. Going deep down the Little Sac this AM. Excited.

Ronald Reagan

Report back please.  I have been wanting to try around High Point myself.

Sealing is a matter of spraying with high temp engine enamel, waiting a day then a second coat.  After the second coat two days wait is best before pouring.  I don’t know how long it will last.  I am looking at the BTS top injection mold.  I think I can make a plate and do laminates like I used to do with the biffle bug.

• Members
On 5/27/2020 at 9:06 AM, freefallin said:

I had not heard about sealing the molds. Thanks for the tip. Going deep down the Little Sac this AM. Excited.

freefallin

How did your trip down the Little Sac go. Planning on going out Saturday morning and trying to come up with a game plan. Any and all help is appreciated.

• Members

Sorry for the late to dinner answer.

Succeeding at pandemic progress here at the home lake but hoping for life as normal. I am so meticulously organized I may make a big mess so I can re-organize. Over the last few months have not been in a single store nor any building but my own. BUT. Added a full bath, AC and wood burning fireplace to my man cave.

Well if catching 12" fish is "eliminating water" I did A OK. The lake came up several feet this week so my observations and experiences changed with these conditions. So probably worth nary much consideration. The same cut or channel swing was a horse of a different color daily. Spent several days on the lil Sac out of State park (High Point to Price Branch) and caught decent numbers of fish but as the water rose I do not think I was able to get to most of the quality keepers in the thick vegetation no bigs that we expect this time of year. Just too many targets to cover in so much flooded vegetation. Give me a point or lay down any day.  Nearly two to one SM to LM was my observation.

Long story short:

There are fish very shallow in the back of covers but if I were going to look for concentrations today with the water getting so high I would fish the bluffs, off shore humps near main lake points,  and secondary points from the dam to Mutton Creek or dam to 215.  I did not catch a single fish even to 3 pounds with most all week sub 15".

Best of luck,

Bass wishes.

Ronald Reagan