Featured
aarchdale@coresleep.com
aarchdale@coresleep.com

Beaver Walleye

Went out this morning from 7:30-12:30, would have stayed longer but out of the 4 cranks i tried and the 3 i had trolling only one got bit and i lost it.   Ended up with 3 nice keepers. a 18 3/4, 19 1/2, and a 22 1/4, and aso a short one mixed in.

Started trolling at 1.7 mph and picked up one real quick, then my trolling batteries died after 1 hour, so i had to fire up the Opti. Trolled between 2.7 and 3.1 and picked up the other 2 keepers and the short. Kept the boat in 27-34 feet of water and my crank would just tick the bottom at 28ft.   All fish were in a quarter mile stretch of each other, wish i could have stayed longer!!!!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

One thing I forgot to mention, last year at this time I caught a few eyes also and they floated belly up in the live well and were starting to look bad by the time I got home.   I did a quick you tube search on how to fizz a walleye this morning and I have some hypo needles in my boat already.  I fizzed these ones and they were going strong by the time I got home

20 minutes ago, rps said:

Excellent! I believe I can repicate that pattern tomorrow on TR. If you would like to share the shape of the bait? Bent cigar? Fat with a metal lip? Wide body wart? DD22?

My money would be on a RR 800...

Mike

15 hours ago, terryj1024 said:

What color works best

Sexy Shad, tasty shad, racy shad.    Pretty much all the same just different brands have their own name for the color.  Im sure other stuff would work but that is my choice, the more natural colors didnt treat me to well and rarely do at Bull for some reason