Featured
BilletHead
BilletHead

Three jerks a jerking

Upper Bull,

So we have been trying to get together for awhile. Everyone's day off needed to get into sync. So we got the call from Duckydoty he had a plan. So I ask what do we need to bring gear wise? Nothing, nothing at all. Now we have junk, lots of junk and it felt really strange going on a fishing trip with nothing. Did not have to hurry or be on the water early. Not a normal trip for us. We meet at Duane's house just missing getting to see Monachari. Follow the Duane rig to the launch to be greeted to beautiful skies and no wind to speak of. Unloaded and across the water we went to the first spot. So here is what we are going to do the captain says. Throw this here jerkbait over there. Jerk it six or seven times to get it down to the bottom in the mud. We will work it off to the drop off by letting it sit still for five, six or seven seconds. Give it a jerk and let it sit again. Repeat, repeat and repeat again. Bites can be on the pause on the jerk just watch your line and keep in contact with it.  This we did as we shot the bull then Pat squeals I got one! Skipper leaps into action with coaching and the net. Success and number one is boated,

thumbnail_1212180958a - Copy.jpg 

We did good he says one is a good day and we may not get another. Soon Ducky has one on. it was all exciting until we seen the fish. Awe Crud it was one of those stinkin bass. I had the net ready but Duane says bass cannot touch the net or boat. Worse than having a banana on board,

thumbnail_1212180928 - Copy.jpg

Duane hooks up again this time a real fish,

thumbnail_1212181021 - Copy.jpg

A bit later I contact one,

thumbnail_1212181006b - Copy.jpg

Mrs. BilletHead strikes again!

thumbnail_1212181003a - Copy.jpg 

Then Duane gets jinxed and begins to slay the stinkin bass,

thumbnail_1212181048a - Copy.jpg 

Some of them get the boot out of the boat,

thumbnail_1212181048b - Copy.jpg

So we are fishing along and I say just what are these baits all about and what are they? These are megabass jerk baits. 25 bucks each, WHAAAAT yes. Are you kidding me? Nope. Now the BilletHead's don't do this . Heard about these but not that into bass or special 25 buck baits. THEN not too many casts later something happens probably because I am thinking of having 25 bucks on the end of my line SNAP and there it goes with out the line attached really far and disappears. I about puked. I got more Duane says. We ended up with two walleye each and Duane had one big crappie try to choke down a 25 buck megabass. Many, many stinkin green bass.  Another photo before the fillet party began,

thumbnail_1212181602 - Copy.jpg  Stories were

told, notes were shared and we had a great day of fellowship of alike minds. Did any of you forum members ears burn yesterday? Was it you we talked about? :) .  

Great day and thanks Duane. We will make this happen again friend,

The BilletHeads 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

39 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Not yet,

I owe him bigtime. He did get a gooseberry jam. We drove away with much more. I am so glad to be surrounded with so many friends from this forum. The cumulative talents on this place is unreal. 

BilletHead

This really is a special place... Truly grateful for all the friends and fishing buddies I've met through here.  And you're right Marty the talent beyond just some amazing fishing skills is really remarkable.