deleted

Yeah, I fish so much alone that it's difficult to get those kinds of photos, but I agree that they are a lot more interesting than my standard fish on the paddle pics. I might try to figure out some way of getting better photos without keeping the fish out of water for very long. Beautiful scenery as always on the Buffalo, and very nice fish!

Guest Brian B.

Mitch, Wasn't that a 21" Smallie that the Guru released when I met you two on the river that dayNick21inchSmallmouth.jpg

-great, googlie- mooglie-

OMG!

I didn't have a tape measure at the time, but my personal best was caught in the first whole below Allie Springs on the Jack's Fork about 4 years ago. It covered the entire paddle blade and then some. Had to be close to 20". I've caught and measured several 17-18 inchers before and since then but none have been in the same class as that fish.

"Of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy."

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."

This is, probably the 3rd smallie i've ever caught on a fly rod...and was the second fish of the day. This is my current personal best, not bad from waist deep water

P1010201_zpsee82e47f.jpg

"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Guest Brian B.

The funny thing with smallmouth, I mean, yes- to some extent, size matters, but- "I just caught a smallmouth!!", you know, the last few posts- right on!

Right there with you, no- it never gets old.

The funny thing with smallmouth, I mean, yes- to some extent, size matters, but- "I just caught a smallmouth!!", you know, the last few posts- right on!

Right there with you, no- it never gets old.

Can't say it any better

"Of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy."

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."

Yeah, they're just so much fun to catch, live in such nice places, and are absolutely beautiful fish. I suppose I've caught somewhere between 20,000 and 40,000 of them in my lifetime, and the next 10 incher I catch will still make me grin.