deleted

Yeah, I fish so much alone that it's difficult to get those kinds of photos, but I agree that they are a lot more interesting than my standard fish on the paddle pics. I might try to figure out some way of getting better photos without keeping the fish out of water for very long. Beautiful scenery as always on the Buffalo, and very nice fish!

Al, I would love to see a gopro of one of your floats in a "fast forward" mode. I heard that you fish in a fast forward mode without the camera. We will have to figure out a way to get you a rig.

Yeah, they're just so much fun to catch, live in such nice places, and are absolutely beautiful fish. I suppose I've caught somewhere between 20,000 and 40,000 of them in my lifetime, and the next 10 incher I catch will still make me grin.

Yep-used to think this was true only with trout. Then I gave smallies the time of day, and honestly it's rendered my username on here a little silly at this point......I still like fishing for trout but to me, nothing can compare with smallmouth fishing on some of our rivers here.

Yep-used to think this was true only with trout. Then I gave smallies the time of day, and honestly it's rendered my username on here a little silly at this point......I still like fishing for trout but to me, nothing can compare with smallmouth fishing on some of our rivers here.

+1 on this. I have gone from LM bass to trout and now to smallmouth bass. I think the attraction over trout is that there are so many more opportunities to fish for them. With trout you are limited on your choices.

I'm in the same boat. I used to be big in to trout fishing (especially fly fishing) and then migrated to catfishing for a spell and now I"m in to bass fishing streams and river. Smallmouths are the main reason I'm hooked on bass fishing at the moment. I still trout fish and enjoy it but smallmouth are my favorite fish to catch right now.

• 2 weeks later...

i posted this on the Meramec section but thought i would post it here too since it is my wife's personal best by far. It was a little over 21". We didn't wieght so can sonmeone give me a good guess?

Although i noticed many people don't name the place they caught there big fish, if you had to pick one Ozark stream to catch a 20" smallmouth, what stream would it be. I would have to vote for the Meramec since i know it so well.

post-14003-0-61029200-1375230799.jpg

Over 21 inchs, but I can't figure out how to attach the photo.

I posted your picture on here already!!

Anyway buddy just sign in and attach the pic from your computer

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor