deleted

The 1st one was a little over 18" and was just as fat and healthy as can be. The 2nd one was right at 17.5". Both great fighters! Didn't weigh either one.

I would have guessed them to be flirting with 20"! Those pictures really do them justice. Very nice fish!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Here's my personal best. Around 20" caught on the upper Meramec mid 90s. Mid July, cast a weightless Culprit 6" worm under an overhanging tree, and she hit immediately.

post-12688-0-43774800-1402165584_thumb.j

post-12688-0-32598100-1402165596.jpg

• Members

Very nice fish! and hooked where he should be!

Thanks Mitch, I will admit, that was the most excited I have ever been while fishing. I was going crazy. My buddy was laughing at me, haha

Here's my new best from a month ago on the Big River. 18" and 3lbs.

28672b6f-5f59-4ea4-9976-8fecd81accfc.jpg

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

I guess no one ever told me I was supposed to measure my SMB. Been stream fishing 50+ years and never measure fish. You just say nice fish and release. Caught one once we weighted at 5.5 lbs and took photo but of course lost the picture. The photo, measure and release is a new deal. In the day having a camera on the water was a luxury few could afford. I'm proud of our Ozark Anglers that can document 20"* fish. Good fishing to all.

• 1 year later...

B0432A64-B076-4DFE-B72F-21F85C8FBAD8_zps

On Tuesday's float, I caught this one that taped at 17.25" on a cooler ruler and followed that guy up with the 16.5" fish below an hour later.

ED7290F4-4C7A-49B1-AD69-F939CCE06758_zps

On Wednesday, I topped both of those with this big girl, cementing my new PB at 18.25", eclipsing my previous PB by 3". I was absolutely beyond myself and celebrated with a fist bump and a few beverages. She appeared spawned out and on the road to recovery. All three were laid on the same cooler ruler for a measurement.

952D4E5D-0B51-4140-AEFD-3A209455122B_zps

It was not the best two days for numbers, but in the 35 fish range for two days, with these three piggies, I could not ask for more.

Andy