Yuk! Nasty!

jdmidwest

Feel for you folks down south/southwest of St.Louis. Hate to imagine what the first snowstorm of the season with 10+ plus inches would do here. Wish you all well.

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.-- Mark Twain

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since your in the arcadia valley jerry does the name Janis ring a bell with you. I remember a time brushing the webb creek area with john Earnie and another guy. Ice was so thick you could drive a tractor on it. They went up into the woods and cut oak sapling oaks a towed them out onto the ice. When we got done it looked like a darn road project. I bet some of those piles are still there.

Clearwater taught me to fish slow and work a spot good. As far as that hump goes. i always thought it would get run over in the future. Back then only a few of us fished it. you know I suppose there is another hump just outside the Peidmont Park marina harbor. If I remember right it was on the left. It was narrow and was a old road bed. It was pretty deep as well.

Half inch of Ice from freezing rain last night here in NE AR, lines are really sagging, but hanging in there. Turned to sleet about 3 this morning, just in time hopefully, there really swaying in the wind tho. There getting heavy snow in Hardy, but still sleet here near the bootheel of MO. Expecting the snow to be here around 11, roads a mess. Everybody be safe!!

There's no such thing, as a bad day fishing!

• Root Admin

12 inches here? May be? Up till 2 am pushing snow around. Up on the dock- lots of fun. Looks like I'm getting up there again soon.

Want to go fishing... hopefully later today. Trout like to eat in the snow.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Phil you say trout like to eat in the snow and i know that is true from some of the big Browns we have caught in the snow on the White. i have also seen it said LOZ crappie and bass bite great during snow snow storms. But I still have to wonder why that would be - fish eating during snow fall.

Seems like it would drop the water temps real quick with all the snow hitting the water.

Phil you say trout like to eat in the snow and i know that is true from some of the big Browns we have caught in the snow on the White. i have also seen it said LOZ crappie and bass bite great during snow snow storms. But I still have to wonder why that would be - fish eating during snow fall.

Seems like it would drop the water temps real quick with all the snow hitting the water.

Maybe the extra light from the snow reflecting it into the water helps them see forage better?

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

12 inches here? May be? Up till 2 am pushing snow around. Up on the dock- lots of fun. Looks like I'm getting up there again soon.

Want to go fishing... hopefully later today. Trout like to eat in the snow.

Hardcore, I love it, be there if I could to! Take the gopro with ya if you go Phil, would love see some footage, bet it's pretty!!

Pushing snow on boatdock roof not so good tho, that's a lot of snow you've got, would trade you some of our sleet right now.

There's no such thing, as a bad day fishing!

I just measured and we have 7" here. We got a very small amount of rain, then maybe 1/4" of sleet. We've had snow since, but it's light now, 12;00.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.