Yuk! Nasty!

jdmidwest

Why can't we just get a good ole fashion snow anymore? There ought to be a law against sleet and freezing rain.

It hit here today around lunch time, gentle rain turned to sleet and snarled up major intersections along I-55 with sideways drivers going out to pick up kids from schools that let out at noon.

Back to rain and all melted for a while, then around 4, back to sleet and freezing rain. Sleeting like crap for the last 3 hours and piling up. Gonna have to chisel out in the morning. Looked at the NWS, no temps above freezing at least thru Wed next weeks.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just let the dog out for her morning duties, and it looks like there is 6 inches on the ground. The NWS is reporting 8 inches in Farmington. Another 4 to 6 inches forecast for today. 3 days ago I spent the day fishing on Clearwater, and 2 days ago I played 27 holes of golf.

Jerry how is old clearwater hanging in there. I had friends down there at one time. I an another guy brought that giant stringer of bass they display on piedmont park boat dock to St Louis to have them mounted. Frankie Mc Callister caught those on blue gills off a hump not far away from the dock. I knew John Earnie up a web creek pretty well also before he died. I have not been SE for a long time except to Farmington to see some good friends there.

1/2 Sleet here plus 9'' of snow on the ground now and local weather saying 5 to 6 inches more by 1pm. If that holds true our totals could be between 15 to 18 inches on the ground and not suppose to get above freezing until Thursday and then another storm next Saturday. Persimmons didn't have spoons they had snow shovels. Mother Natures weather forecast tools are much better than mans.

that hump is a very popular spot to still fish. But Clearwater itself is sort of experiencing the same thing that the small creek anglers are complaining about. Too much pressure, especially on nice winter days. It is like a merry go round on the bluff across from Bluff View dock as they pound away on the black river smallies that over winter in the lake.

Jerry has anyone caught any tagged fish in the lake? Only fished Clearwater two times first time about ten years ago we had 22lbs. Bag had two seven pounders. Next time was bout 8 years ago didn't do as well.

We had about an inch of sleet, but no freezing rain, yesterday afternoon, and now have about 7-8 inches of snow on top of it. Mary loves snow so she's happy, I am looking at the cold in the forecast and wondering when I'll be able to go fishing again. Since we live a third of a mile off the highway, at some point I'll have to get the tractor out and blade off our road so we can get out if we need to, though right now we're pretty snug.

We had a slight dusting, maybe 1/2" of snow in Ofallon, MO, Good day to break in the fireplace.

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

People driving like idiots here in STL last night with the dusting that we got...You would have thought there was a blizzard with all the spinouts and accidents there were...we barely got enough to make the grass white...

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson